Saturday, December 09, 2006

Hinder

A song must really suck if it's the first thing to tempt me to post in 5 months. I still visit some of Ze Blogs and it was Todd (vivalasvegass.blogspot.com) whose list of the 10 worst bands caused a post mentioning that song "Lips of An Angel" by Hinder.

A few days ago a radio station was taking requests and a great number of people called in to request this song. I have no problem with the public sheep calling to request one shitheap song over another, as long as it pushes something with Fergie to the scrap pile for the time I'm stuck listening. That's not my gripe.

The station played some of the recorded requests from listeners and this is what surprised me. Many of the requestors claimed "it's our song" and referred to their paramour. This sparked MORE call-ins from people saying the same thing and these people were incredibly passionate about it.

Have you listened to the lyrics? It's about how this guy gets a late night call from an ex while his current is in the next room. How he wishes it was the ex in the next room and how hard it is to be faithful to his current woman as long as he hears his name spoken by this bitch with the sainted DSL (that's Dick Sucking Lips for those of you not in the know).

These caller-inners... who are they identifying with here? Are they with someone but still screwing the ex? Were they with someone and left to go back to the days of blowjobs (aka Unmarried)? Was their previous "our" song "Love The One You're With?"

Me? "One Black And A Bunch Of Dirty White Boys" by 2 Live Crew always gets me a little sentimental for the old days.

5 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

Hey, I'm glad I got you to post again. How the fuck are you? Drop me a line on email or myspace.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Not to mention the popularity of Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You," which is a Dolly Parton song about breaking up for good.

I also liked the video for Jennifer Paige's "Crush," which was happy and upbeat despite the song being about a girl who uses a guy who wants more.

So, no. No one pays attention.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Butchie said...

Hey fukko! You posted! Yeah! Send me more naked pictures!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Phronk said...

Hahah, that is funny stuff. I think Jack there is right...people hear the title of the song, they like the music, and they're like "awww, angel lips, how sweeeet". It must be life, going through life without, you know, thinking.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home